The next movement

what you alter in the remembering has yet a reality
2016, oil on canvas, 36" x 24"

The madness of deadlines has set upon me.  From here forward I work against the enemy of oil painting, drying.  As the cool snap abates, there are night sessions ahead ,working, working, working.  I deliver next Wednesday and then take a breath before jumping back into the Stations show.  In one year, I will be in NYC, looking at the work hanging up on walls.  It seems so surreal even now.  

The work is beginning to take on new aspects, it feels as though it's evolving and I'm along for the ride.  New approaches present themselves, making the process fresh and interesting.  I love that subtle changes in things like where I get my canvases from cause issues to either incorporate or work around.  I'm happy.  I'm fortunate.



No comments:

Post a Comment