the bar at The Napoleon House, French Quarter, New Orelans

Spent the last half of last week in New Orleans with old friends and new ones. Studio tour, show at Tipitina's watching my good friend George kill it on the drums. Great food, good conversation, good art. I love that town, and though I had not been there post-Storm, it remains a timeless city to me.

Back in it, the summer studio hours kick in this week and with a few coins in my pocket, I'm going to order some pre-made canvases and a new pair of pliers.

Subscribed to Chelsea art maps and hope to get up in the city during the hot nights of summer. My intel from the LA show Friday night is limited, but it seemed like a success in the fact that it raised a lot of money for the artist and hopefully sent him good vibes. Weird to have work up on the walls and never get to see it. No word as to whether the piece sold.

Feeling very tri-coastal right now. Holding my breath to see what happens with the oil spill and how it all plays out for Louisiana in general and the Big Easy in particular.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time in new orleans, no matter what, it's such a magical place. Glad to see you are blogging.

    ReplyDelete