Appalachian Spring

The first day of Spring is next Tuesday, but things have already heated up to 80's. The summer will be brutal, and resistance is futile. I work best in the Summer. I love to open up the doors on either end of the studio and paint and sweat and drag the canvases outside. If I could ever afford to build a studio in coastal South America, I would have endless Summers forever.

I got the shipment notification today that my canvases will be here tomorrow. Four big, black-primed canvases to enjoy and contemplate and mark and stain and scrape. Cigar smoke will billow and twirl and the staple of Southern Summer, -Mexican beer, will be stacked in the fridge.

There's a few bottles of good rum at the studio as well for the longer nights when everything seems to work and you have to just sit and wonder at it all.






No comments:

Post a Comment