The Mill

Taylors Mill Studio, Greenville, October 2018

Epic progress last night, but a long way to go before up and working.  I spent the evening unpacking, rediscovering a life boxed 10 months ago.  It's interesting that the little things are what make it feel like my space: brushes, my banged up hotplate for cooking rabbit skin glue, small favorite tools with the well-worn imprints of my hands.  Placing everything based on two decades of experience, knowing how I will reach for them and listening to how the space itself wants to be; this is the process of discovery and interaction.

It struck me what an odd vocation this is; moving into an empty room and making it into a creative space -I daresay a sacred space.  The feeling is built out of what I bring; until then it's merely 4 walls.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment