delivery day

Tomorrow morning I will rise early, as I do most days. I'll bag the three small paintings I just wired and signed, pack the van with one of the Forest and the Sea paintings, and drive to Atlanta. The work will be available at Nandina Home Design, and we will see if at last I am able to get traction in a market I have tried to find a way into for years.

It's strange for work to leave the studio unsold. But it is right that people will see it, -it should not live here like a captive. I feel I am nearly at the end of one journey and immediately beginning another. Time will tell.

My studio in Atlanta was subterranean; a vast, concrete tire warehouse in which I lived illegally for 4 days a week for close to a year. The nights were pitch black, cold and often uneasy. During that period, I broke away from working with metal and began the journey to paint on surface. I always found it symbolic that a block away was a historical marker for the surrender of Atlanta to General Sherman.

...and now I will drink another Sapporo and get ready for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment