paint-stained sneakers

My day in Atlanta was beautiful and peaceful and full of connecting with people.  It was good to see friends and to see how people continually are growing and growing up.  Accolades are nice, I won't lie, but after all that it is time to put it out of my mind and work.

I ripped back into it tonight and it didn't come easy but it did come.  I'm winding down as Winter approaches, I can already feel it.  I wish there was a studio in Mexico waiting for me; a place to ride out the cold and paint by the sea.  

Tonight I'll smoke a cigar and think about what worked and what didn't and what went down and wrap my head around how all this laying down of paint can be so flat and dull or so full of living energy.  The trains are coming through this little town and there's jazz on the speakers.  I'm still in a t-shirt so I can't complain yet.   The stillness is a rich full wind for my ragged sails.  I'm amazed how true I have stayed to my course, and now I feel that a long-sought after shore is near.

No comments:

Post a Comment