Day 269, canvas 50


The studio season is coming to a close, I've got a few more weeks and then it is only the odd warm winter day, -not uncommon here, to work.  The 50 has been a life/work changing experience for me.  As I hoped, I broke out of my comfortable orbit and into space itself. 

Despite my remoteness, no one works in true isolation, and I keep up with a handful of painters on both coasts.  I have seen all of our work evolve significantly this year, and I look forward to sitting in a Chelsea pub some random afternoon and discussing all these changes vehemently with two of them in particular.  

While the 50 is not complete just yet, I put paint on the final virgin canvas this morning.  I expect these last few will offer some clue as to what comes next in my work, but for now I am racing the cold to get these done.  Nonetheless, I feel a certain sense of closure at this moment. 

Miles is on the speakers and I have no desire to be online another second....

No comments:

Post a Comment