ink

It's been slow going due to my personal travel and the cold nights.  I have another 48 x 60 ready to receive paint, and hopefully I'll get in this Friday during the warmer daylight hours.  My wife starts her rehearsal schedule this week, so I bought some white ink and black arches paper to be able to do some work at home.

I'll hear from the ArtFields venue this week and hopefully get some logistical details at that point.

The day job has me completely stressed to the point of losing sleep.  Combined with not being able to get into the studio, my emotions and anxieties are close to the surface.  But I have everything ready to go in the studio when I get that break of time and climate.  I basically work outside, which is why I love the summers.  If I can move some work in next week's show, I hope to begin some of the construction projects which will help me combat the cold months.  I've noticed some discoloration of the whites if I try to paint below 40 degrees.

I'm excited about the ink drawings, -excited to embark on a period of drawing; period.  I was looking through book of Richard Serra's drawings this weekend and they are superb.  He is an artist who constantly draws, and it shows in everything he does.  It's our brains' lifeline as artists.

This work is getting stronger.  I finally feel I have the blacks right, which took the better part of year's worth of effort.  I'm anxious to see where it takes me this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment