floods

The rains came and my roof leaked, soaking most of the Eastern wall.  The paintings in progress appear be OK, seasoned as they are from extreme temperatures and varying humidity.  Sometimes the primitive nature of the studio gives me pause, but I love working in there when the temperatures climb and in the hot, still nights.

I will see the show for the first time this Thursday.  As part of Spartanburg's Art Walk, I hope there will be some traffic.  I'm curious to see how it will be received, though not having seen the show in the space, it will be an experience for me as well.

The black paintings are promising.  I was able to experiment with some 10" square canvases and the results are powerful.  It's hard to get a handle on what it will look like big, but I feel very positive thus far.  I was able to get down another coat of gesso on the 4 in play, and the surfaces are coming along nicely.  I know I'm onto something.  I don't recall every feeling this way about emerging work in the studio.


No comments:

Post a Comment