"first I'm gonna make it, and then I'm gonna break it 'til it falls apart."
-Echo and the Bunnymen

Spent the first cool night of the end of summer in the studio, working on this larger painting and beginning another in the current series.

After I laid down the base layer of color (the most uplifting red I've seen in some time), I reclaimed the famous orange chair and just enjoyed looking at that red before I started to bury it.

Had some visitors stop by and I realized that I've started re-connecting to the world outside the studio walls. In that peaceful moment, in my chair, I realized that I have been in a state of chrysalis, and that now I am emerging a changed being.

They say that Scorpios go through 3 distinct phases. I have entered into my phoenix stage, where I am both aware of and at peace with the full extent of my powers, and I have realized the largest battles I fight are solely with myself. Despite the catastrophe of my personality over the course of my life, I have survived these attacks of self on self, and now I feel stronger and more confident in virtually every aspect of my being. This applies to the work as well.

If sleep disorders have returned temporarily to my life, it is largely out of excitement rather than anxiety. I feel that I see the road ahead more clearly than I have in years, possibly decades. And if my particular corner of the zodiac is sometimes seen as magical and intense, my recent self-awareness has amped up these energies to particular effect.

I have to say it feels good to begin the arduous process of getting out there once again. I've a way to go in terms of building enough work in this current series, but I expect to maintain my pace. We will see what the response is this weekend and throughout the month as the exhibition runs through October.

I am contemplating resurrecting MDM as part of the website overhaul.

No comments:

Post a Comment