Took apart the large table last night and stood it up as a mock-up wall. I've been kicking around some reconfiguration ideas over the past few months. Long trip to Mississippi, and I've had a hard time bouncing back this week. I don't travel like I used to, though I enjoyed the journey immensely.

I got an exhibition call from one of the Greenville arts groups I was a member of last year. I'm going to submit a couple of the current works to their group show, and see how they are received. I've honestly no idea.

I had some time to sit and think about the studio and next year. There's much to be said for a room of one's own. Even with the loss of working time due to extremes in temperature, I am able to work for 3/4 of the year in bad years and more normally. During my frantic periods of production I tend to churn it out, so it still seems worth it.

Yeah, Greenville. Sort of a crap shoot really, the last show (gallerist aside, who was wonderful) was a glorious waste of time. But I have reworked the brand, so to speak, and these current paintings are smaller and to me at least, distilled. They pack a lot of presence into a more compact visual space. I feel the price is fair, but again the Greenville market surprises me (not always pleasantly) when it comes to sophistication....nuff said in a public forum.

Felt good being back in the space last night after so much of the last month out. Reminded me how vital the studio practice is to my over all health and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment