the hymn of the Wheel


Some in-progress shots tonight. A brief but good session, the part of the process which slows down as I add layer upon layer of glaze. I am painting confidently, in full flow of mind and body and as I have yet to sail off the end of the world, I shall keep pushing onward. I've posted a few of the recent ones on Facebook, that quick gauge of public reaction. And while I wish at times it were more of a crit forum, it serves the purpose of putting work out in front of wildly diverse range of people with all levels of art knowledge. I receive it and then I move on and try to forget about it.

In the end, there are cycles of flow and struggle and these are ongoing. Despite my idealistic manic moments of relentless seeking, "There" isn't really a place after all. One never reaches it, we only get glimpses. Right now I'm grateful for the vista.


No comments:

Post a Comment