the space between


A slower night tonight. I need more paint and medium. It seems strange to think I've been in this body of work for almost 7 months now; there is an entire sub-series of red paintings that I have to walk quickly past to avoid the temptation of overpainting them. I am staying the course, I will go as far forward as I can before I start going back. It's a strange thing; not knowing what will survive from all these stacks of paintings.

These two are coming slowly, I maintain the rules: don't get attached, keep putting on the paint. Sometimes the knife sings as I whip it across the surface and off of the edge. There's that clear ring of stiff steel, absolutely unmistakable. Got back into the big painting I thought failed before. It has new life and may yet become.


No comments:

Post a Comment