a rare final image

as yet untitled, oil on canvas, 24" x 24", Rico 2011

This blog is about process, high and low. I don't generally post final images; I've learned the moment I do, I see it differently and then go change it. This one, however, finally got to a place where I felt I could stop.

I can tell you that the surface is unreal. I expect a full month of drying time before I can complete varnishing. It's delightfully nasty. As always, I got some color distortion with my blues and greens. I noticed this with the Forest and the Sea paintings most acutely, they were a bear to color adjust.

I suppose I recognize my own vernacular here, but I also see how I've built on past things and gone forward. This body of work is interesting as I watch it build. Right now I'm too close, so I'll end my commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment